Kirk S. Freeman was born in Indianapolis, Indiana and received his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Indiana University. He then went on to receive his Juris Doctorate from Chicago-Kent College of Law. In 1995 he was the winner of the Federal Civil Rights Legal Defense Fund Law Review Note of the Year.
From 1995-1999 he served as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for Tippecanoe County. In 2000 he joined a general practice firm in Frankfort, Indiana and, in 2001, opened his own office in Lafayette. Since January 1, 2001, he has served central Indiana, specializing in Criminal Defense, Family Law and Administrative Law.
Kirk S. Freeman has successfully represented individuals:
- In over 25 counties in Indiana.
- During divorce and post-dissolution matters.
- In maintaining their professional licenses (nurses, pharmacists, et cetera).
- During administration proceedings to revoke their license to carry a handgun.
- Individuals accused of murder at jury trial.
- Accused of attempted murder.
- In matters of self defense.
- In many different alleged crimes such as Burglary, Dealing Cocaine, Dealing Methamphetamines, Criminal Recklessness with a Vehicle, Habitual Traffic Violator, Operating While Intoxicated, Public Intoxication, Minor in Consumption, inter alia.
- On appeal, reducing criminal sentences.
- In modified sentences and vacated convictions in post-conviction proceedings.
- Also successfully filed motions to dismiss and suppress on search and seizure grounds as well as jurisdiction, speedy trial and other constitutional matters.
- Successfully obtained expungements.
- Successfully represented businesses during gaming and liquor licensing matters.